POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cross?! Not me! :o) (14.8KB) : Re: Cross?! Not me! :o) (14.8KB) Server Time
1 Oct 2024 20:23:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cross?! Not me! :o) (14.8KB)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 16 Aug 2000 12:11:43
Message: <chrishuff-2942C3.11125616082000@news.povray.org>
In article <399a4b30@news.povray.org>, "Simen Kvaal"
<sim### [at] remove_mestudentmatnatuiono> wrote:

> What about object-dependent aa? You could attach a number to an
> object (maybe in the finish-block) that "hints" povray on how
> accurate it must be rendered. When you turn on aa, rays that hit the
> object in question get super-sampled _more_ than others. I don't
> know, but it doesn't seen too difficult.

This should be possible for the object's texture(and of course
reflections or refractions), but the edges would only be antialiased to
the level specified by the object if the first ray hit the object.
Still, it would be a useful feature.

--
Christopher James Huff
Personal: e-mail chr### [at] maccom, Web page http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/