POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Feature idea : rgb_adjust : Re: Feature idea : rgb_adjust Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature idea : rgb_adjust
From: Chris Huff
Date: 29 Sep 2000 22:02:25
Message: <chrishuff-28F4FC.21044229092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39D4BF73.3A275524@skynet.be>, Fabien Mosen
<fab### [at] skynetbe> wrote:

> Here's an idea for a (simple, I think) texturing feature.  It would
> give the ability to adjust resulting rgb values where they are
> produced (essentially in pigments and textures).  Example :

I have thought of making a variation of the color_matrix filter that
would work on pigments...but I wasn't sure if it would be useful enough
for the effort. Other filters could be done too...blurring, color space
conversions, etc...much of the same stuff available in post_process
filters. Kind of like an enhanced waveform applied to colors instead of
pattern values...

BTW, another thing in the same interesting-but-maybe-not-useful
category: waveform lists for patterns. Basically, it would allow you to
specify a sequence of waveform transformations instead of a single
one...it would be implemented as just another waveform type.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><