POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu) : Re: Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flow particles, flow ! (247kbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 5 Mar 2001 08:00:27
Message: <chrishuff-283E0B.07572105032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3aa2d829@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> That should be possible. But not to keep equalised distances between the
> points if that's what you had in mind.

No need to keep the particles rigidly linked...just a simple particle
string, with a bunch of "passive" particles and one "active" particle.

> But I still don't see what would be the use. Just an effect that
> could be funny to try out?

Exactly...might be something like a worm on wet ground, or a snake...

> > Do you somehow mess with the velocity so it doesn't
> > bounce, but doesn't impact on the surface?
>
> Err, I don't follow you anymore.

Do you adjust the direction of the particle so it goes parallel with the
surface instead of hitting it again and bouncing?

--
Christopher James Huff

<><