POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Waterfall (119kbbu) : Re: Waterfall (119kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterfall (119kbbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2001 16:40:32
Message: <chrishuff-282ADA.16393823022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a96d458@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> That was not the problem, I just didn't know that they were plain text
> files, since they had no extensions.

Oh...file name extensions. Those silly things. ;-)

> I've been looking at the particle_system patch documentation and I'd
> say that my system is currently more flexible. However, when some of
> your planned features are added, I think they will be much the same.

In what ways do you think it could be improved? I'm just fishing for
ideas...
BTW, one of the changes I plan on doing is separate environment objects,
each with their own elasticity and other particle interaction
characteristics. You could have portions of what appears to be a smooth
wall but is really a pair of objects, one with more "slippery"
characteristics, the other with "sticky" characteristics, so particles
would stick to some parts of the wall but not others. You could spray
paint the wall and have an invisible message appear.

> And your patch is much faster. But still the "user-interface" is very
> different and I personally prefer mine, so I'll keep working on it...

I'll be interested in the results...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><