POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds (~14kau) : Re: Even Better Clouds? (~16kau) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Even Better Clouds? (~16kau)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 30 Dec 2000 16:12:08
Message: <chrishuff-27BD36.16133130122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a4e326b@news.povray.org>, "Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg>
wrote:

> For example, the ones in the background (and the ones in my post from
> the 26th), are rendered with about 12 intervals, because the edges
> are really smooth, but the ones in front (the nice, big fluffy ones)
> had to be rendered with 50 intervals in this post, and I'm afraid
> that that might not be enough! (Zoom in, you'll see what I mean).

I suspect the problem is that you are using too many intervals, and that
method 3 can only do it's anti-aliasing within an interval. Since you
have so many intervals, many of which are entirely in flat areas which
only need a few samples, you are pushing up the minimum total number of
samples.
Try simply increasing the number of samples and adjusting the
aa_threshold and aa_level values instead, so it can skimp out on the
flat areas...you shouldn't even need to have more than 1 interval in
MegaPOV.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><