POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Height field macros - attached files (1/1) : Height field macros - attached files (1/1) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Height field macros - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 3 Mar 2001 13:14:45
Message: <chrishuff-26BCD9.13120903032001@news.povray.org>
These macros generate height field meshes from pigments from within POV.

SquareHF.jpeg is an ordinary square height field, like the
height_field {} primitive object in POV.

SphereHF.jpeg is the first type of spherical height field, using a 2D
square wrapped around a sphere with spherical coordinates.

Sphere2HF.jpeg is the second type of spherical height field, generated
by recursively subdividing an octahedron, dividing each triangle into 4
triangles. This doesn't have the "pinching" toward the y axis like the
first type does.

I still haven't done smoothing, I'll try to figure out a good way to do
it.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'SquareHF.jpeg.jpg' (6 KB) Download 'SphereHF.jpeg.jpg' (9 KB) Download 'Sphere2HF.jpeg.jpg' (6 KB)

Preview of image 'SquareHF.jpeg.jpg'
SquareHF.jpeg.jpg

Preview of image 'SphereHF.jpeg.jpg'
SphereHF.jpeg.jpg