POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? : Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr= Server Time
6 Oct 2024 23:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr=
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 9 Nov 2002 12:29:52
Message: <chrishuff-269244.12294609112002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <web.3dccd13b195c50e45c65a5ba0@news.povray.org>,
 "normdoering" <nor### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> If you're interested I'm going to move this HF_ macro talk to either
> tutorials or advanced user area

Not one of the tutorials groups, those are reserved for tutorials.
That's why they have that word int their names.

> (maybe they need a special group for macros here?)

No. That's what the *.newusers and *.advanced-users groups are for.

> Maybe complining macros so they run faster? I'm sure that's been discussed
> before.

Yes, it has. The web interface makes a great search interface, look for
discussions on the POV language. Compiling to byte code to run on a VM,
like Java or POV functions do now, has been discussed for a while. It
isn't something that could just be added to 3.5 though.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/