POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scientific Visualization : Re: Scientific Visualization Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scientific Visualization
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 18 Aug 2002 12:29:55
Message: <chrishuff-2655F5.11164918082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3d5f9c78@news.povray.org>,
 "Siamak.Lina" <sia### [at] vifcom> wrote:

> I am a newbie in POVRAY. I was wondering if there is possibility of using
> POVRAY 3.5 for 2D and 3D scientific visualization? I appreciate any help
> or/reference in this respect -- (I use POVRAY in Windows platform)

Nope, it is entirely impossible to use POV for anything to do with
science. ;-)

What type of visualization are you thinking of? POV 3.5 has things such
as isosurfaces, parametric surfaces, and a powerful scene language that
can be used to generate meshes or other shapes to visualize equations
and algorithms. It supports density files that can be used in the
isosurfaces or as media densities. You could also use user-defined
functions to control media density or to control placement or texture of
objects.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/