POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : speed : Re: speed Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:51:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: speed
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Feb 2001 16:36:39
Message: <chrishuff-2394FD.16352726022001@news.povray.org>
In article <B6BFE2D7.4246%mcc### [at] yahoocom>, David <mcc### [at] yahoocom>
wrote:

> The G4 has *greatly* improved FPU speed.

Over the G3. I was speaking of the most recent G4 machines compared to
earlier G4's, sorry if that wasn't clear. The recent G4's apparently
have a better FPU, and I don't know how it compares to the processors
used in PC's.

> Also, if your comparing CPU speeds, don't forget to take the OS into
> account. Linux, for exaple, is many times faster then Windows (I
> know).

I took OS into account, though I didn't mention Linux. He said a Mac, so
I only mentioned differences between Mac OS 9 and earlier and Mac OS X.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><