POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : one question...how?? : Re: one question...how?? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: one question...how??
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Dec 2000 15:45:12
Message: <chrishuff-20AA81.15455001122000@news.povray.org>
In article <3a280440@news.povray.org>, "DreyWerx"
<you### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> how do you create a triangle like that,

You can't. :-)
However, you *can* make something that looks like that from a certain
angle. The triangle doesn't actually connect, but the ends are in line
with the point of view so it looks like the object is a closed triangle.

> and how do you create a reflection like that?

You could use MegaPOV features like no_reflection and no_image, or you
could do fancy bounding so the object is only visible from certain
points...there have been several discussions about these "phantom" or
"ghost" objects in these newsgroups, especially in povray.general,
povray.advanced-users, and povray.binaries.images. Or you could attempt
to fake the mirror, put a sheet of glass there instead and duplicate
mirror-images of the objects behind it, but this will be difficult,
viewpoint-dependant, and still not quite accurate. That isn't done in
this image, you can see the reflection of the ground is at a different
angle and the illumination is what you would expect from a real mirror.

> anybody know how i can contact the dude?

Maybe searching for "Erwin Bonsma" on Google or Alltheweb would turn up
an e-mail address, I didn't see one on the site.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><