POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Waterfall (119kbbu) : Re: Waterfall (119kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 15:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterfall (119kbbu)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2001 12:57:57
Message: <chrishuff-1BD532.12570223022001@news.povray.org>
In article <3a969cf1@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> I thought so too at first, but it doesn't appear to work that way. The
> particles come very quickly to a complete stop. :(

You need to give the particles a very *high* rebound in order for them
to keep going...I think the only good way to do this will require
inter-particle forces and/or particle-ground forces. I've done a system
like this before which didn't do any collision detection, just
avoidance: I had the ground repel the particles, so they hovered
slightly above it and constantly slid downhill, taking the easiest path.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><