POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC Test image. : Re: IRTC Test image. Server Time
18 Aug 2024 20:12:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Test image.
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Mar 2001 11:35:23
Message: <chrishuff-1A6242.11305513032001@news.povray.org>
In article <3AAE44FF.FB12372B@heday.freeservers.com>, "H.E. Day"
<The### [at] hedayfreeserverscom> wrote:

> This has taken me about 3 days to put together.  It's a quick render, no
> area_lights, so don't think that banding will be in the final pic.

A power generation station of some sort? Or just a flying city
replenishing its power supply? I can't think of any other reason for it
to hang around that (wonderful looking) waterfall, unless it's occupants
are just admiring the view. Hmm...a restaurant? ;-)

I notice a glow under those pods at the bottom, but it's barely visible,
and I can only see it under two pods...and some signs of intelligent
life would be nice, maybe a small flying craft coming in for a landing.
I like the texturing and color scheme, the green color of the lower part
is a nice touch...maybe a large sign painted on that large ring
structure or the dome on top, just some text that doesn't look like it's
from any human civilisation.
Only 3 days?!?

Is the waterfall a height field? I notice some triangle shapes on the
left.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><