POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More portal images - attached files (1/1) : Re: More portal images - attached files (1/1) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:27:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More portal images - attached files (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 24 Jan 2001 19:03:48
Message: <chrishuff-151C60.19044524012001@news.povray.org>
In article <MPG### [at] NEWSPOVRAYORG>, Sander
<san### [at] stolscom> wrote:

> I don't see where the pigment comes in. How can a pigment link one thing
> to another?

The color of the pigment at each point is the color of the part of the
scene seen through that point.

> > If you have trouble visualizing it, don't worry...it gives me
> > headaches,
> > and I'm still not quite sure why type 0 works. Or sure that it does.

The headaches came from a misunderstanding of a POV function...and it
works perfectly.

> Perhaps a very simple piece of example code could work??

I doubt it...the syntax is just "portal_pigment {TYPE, PARAMETERS
TRANSFORMS}", with the simplest syntax being "portal_pigment". You apply
the pigment to the object, set the ambient to 1 if you don't want the
pigment to be shaded, and transform the object and far end of the portal
to the desired positions (unless you are using a camera portal), and
that's it.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><