POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animation question : Re: animation question Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation question
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 19 Jan 2002 12:27:24
Message: <chrishuff-143206.12281619012002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3C495FC2.470A0742@sw-tech.com>, Deaken <dwy### [at] sw-techcom>
wrote:

> Am I a complete idiot for using "rotate <0, 360*clock, 0>", or did two
> people make the same mistake?  Both of these options?  Neither?

That is actually probably the best way to do it...if you write all your
scenes to work with the default [0, 1] range, you will have an easier
time moving code between them. It could also get harder to control when
you modify the clock range.
It's probably a matter of personal prefrence, though making the clock
run from 0 to 360 just for a rotation seems like a bad idea...what if
you then want to add translation by 1 unit over the course of the
animation?