POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MegaPov magic trick: watch as I saw an iso in half! : Re: MegaPov magic trick: watch as I saw an iso in half! Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov magic trick: watch as I saw an iso in half!
From: Chris Huff
Date: 2 Jan 2001 16:12:39
Message: <chrishuff-133B67.16140702012001@news.povray.org>
In article <3A5237E4.F6F237A5@my-dejanews.com>,
gre### [at] my-dejanewscom wrote:

> Voila!  I have cut through the parametric surface without cutting
> through the spheres! At no time does the brown box cut through spheres
> at <0,0,0> nor <0,0,1>!  (It does cut through the back half of sphere at
> <0,0,-1>, if you observe closely).

Just a wild guess...increase the max_trace for the parametric object, it
may be messing up the rest of the CSG by only finding the first
intersection. Or it might just be that they don't work in difference or
intersection...similar to the limitation on bezier patches, polygons,
etc...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><