POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bezier_plane_uv macro : Re: Bezier_plane_uv macro Server Time
19 Aug 2024 18:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier_plane_uv macro
From: Chris Huff
Date: 1 Nov 2000 06:32:12
Message: <chrishuff-103BA3.06351701112000@news.povray.org>
In article <B625AB58.D7E%iwa### [at] posaganetnejp>, "Yasu.I"
<iwa### [at] posaganetnejp> wrote:

>   This is my first contribution.

And it's a good one!

>   I have now made a include file "splines.inc". In this include,
> "Bezier_Plane_UV" macro can create a free curved surface by joinig sevral
> bicubic_patches of MegaPOV together.  This surface goes through the points
> that you need, and you can use UV mapping on this surface.

I have often wondered how difficult it would be to add something like
this to the height_field object...have it automatically stitch together
bicubic patches and remove redundant areas. This would render a little
faster, be much more memory efficient, and easier to use...but I have no
idea how easy it would be to code, or where to start coding. It would
certainly be better than ordinary "smooth" height_fields, though...

--
Christopher James Huff

<><