POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clothray cloth simulation patch.. : Re: Clothray cloth simulation patch.. Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clothray cloth simulation patch..
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Feb 2001 09:56:12
Message: <chrishuff-0F5655.09551923022001@news.povray.org>

<ber### [at] inamecom> wrote:

> POV is a rendering engine: its function is to take a scene
> description and output an image or a sequence of images, since a
> cloth simulator outputs a mesh (or a set of points) it has no place
> inside a rendering engine and should be used as an external tool.

And why shouldn't cloth be part of the scene description? Just because
it's reduced to a mesh? Then what about height fields and bezier patches?
I see the scene language as just another way of accessing the render
engine, and think that this type of thing has every right to be
there...it just makes the language more flexible.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><