POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Scene in 15 min (69k) : Re: Scene in 15 min (69k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scene in 15 min (69k)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 9 Nov 2000 20:54:12
Message: <chrishuff-06F7E0.20541609112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A0B4D28.4D5F9D05@home.com>, Thomas Lake <tla### [at] homecom>
wrote:

> Unfortunately for many, who are not math inclined, even to this extent,
> the first is easier.

I thought the isosurface would be easier for everyone, but *especially*
for those who aren't "math inclined". (I certainly wouldn't describe
myself as being very good at math...) An equation has to be less
intimidating than a huge vector of numbers with no obvious relation
between them. It is certainly easier to type. :-)
I never have fully understood the poly object family. I know the basic
idea behind them, but have never used them and can't "see" them like I
can an isosurface.

Anyway, other advantages of isosurfaces are speed and flexibility(you
can do things that are impossible with polys, like noise and trig
functions).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><