POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : To anyone on the POV-Ray team : Re: To anyone on the POV-Ray team Server Time
9 Jun 2024 07:14:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To anyone on the POV-Ray team
From: Chris Huff
Date: 8 Jul 2000 18:55:47
Message: <chrishuff-065D3C.17560408072000@news.povray.org>
In article <39665799.8792EDF9@earthlink.net>, rdm### [at] earthlinknet wrote:

> I want to take opportunity to ask about radiosity... I can see the
> desire for the new, more realistic radiosity. I for one appreciated
> the old/exadurated method myself... Didn't someone say the perception
> of reality, is often more important than the reality of
> perception,...?
> Will the older model of radiosity be incorporated in the new Pov 3.5...?

Most of the improvements from the MegaPOV radiosity will likely make it
into POV-Ray 3.5.
It is faster, easier to learn and use, fixes many bugs, and produces
better results(at least, most people consider them better). You can
still get most of the blotchiness and uneven, unrealistic effects you
got from the old one, you will just have to use different settings.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/