POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem : Re: MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV Plus ipf_profile problem
From: Chris Huff
Date: 18 Jul 2000 11:29:20
Message: <chrishuff-044107.10295218072000@news.povray.org>
In article <397### [at] hotmailcom>, Pabs <pab### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> I think when considering *Solid Particles* or balls/spheres we are
> getting out of the _particle_ domain (aren't particles 1D not 3D) &
> into the physics of solid objects a bit more, which is a lot more
> complex than that of particles.

A 1D particle would be a point on a line, with no mass, no velocity,
etc. Not very useful.
And there is no reason to restrict particles to points...it is just that
inter-particle collisions aren't necessary or wanted in liquid
simulations.

TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/