POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Missile bots - work in progress : Re: Missile bots - work in progress Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Missile bots - work in progress
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Jun 2000 13:46:59
Message: <chrishuff-01574F.12512423062000@news.povray.org>
In article <394e35f1@news.povray.org>, "Rune" <run### [at] inamecom>
wrote:

> I'm working on a new POV-Ray game called Missile Bots.
> The bots shoot missiles at each other, and the last standing bot is the
> winner.
>
> I plan to improve the look of the game, for example the explosions. I also
> intent to let the players design themselves how their own bots looks.
>
> Besides those changes I also need to improve some more basic parts of how
> the game works...

This sounds a lot like RoboWar(a Mac-only game, where you program robots
to compete in an "arena"). Some suggestions: bullets and mines as well
as missiles, a larger arena, maybe different shapes of arenas,
user-defined robot models...

Personal Web page: http://chrishuff.dhs.org/
TAG Web page: http://tag.povray.org/