POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : my spaceship anim test : Re: my spaceship anim test Server Time
6 Oct 2024 08:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my spaceship anim test
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 14 Jun 2001 07:17:07
Message: <ch6hitg3s882udfeffd8e3so7ddlq203da@4ax.com>
Hi Dean MacIsaac Jr., you recently wrote in moray.win:

> first time I started moray today, the same window opened but each time after
> that it did not.
Usually, it should open once and once only, unless you uncheck
something or click on Cancel.

> However I just opened Moray by doubleclicking on my
> spaceship.mdl, and it reappeared.
It shouldn't make a difference how Moray is started....

> Moray Com. DLL installed NO.
You mean POV-Ray does not show it as loaded? Can you start POV-Ray
from within Moray (exit both Moray and POV-Ray, start Moray, press
F9)? If yes, then go to the POV-Ray GUI-Extensions Menu. There should
be a 'Moray Communications DLL' entry.
If you cannot start POV-Ray or if you meant that the menu entry is not
present in POV-Ray, then for some reason Moray is not able to
configure POV-Ray correctly for use with Moray. In this case you will
have to go to the INI directory of where POV-Ray is installed
(probably C:\Program Files\POV-Ray For Windows\INI) and edit
PVENGINE.INI. Search for a section that starts like this:

 [GUIExtensions]
 UseExtensions=1

Make sure there is a line (or add it if it isn't) like this:

 ExtDll15=C:\Program Files\Moray For Windows\MorayCtrl.DLL

You need to make sure that there is no other ExtDll15 in that section,
otherwise increase the 15 until you get a number that is not present.
Also make sure that MorayCtrl.dll is in that section once only. And
obviously you might need to change the path to point to where
MorayCtrl.dll really is located (Moray installation directory).
Then exit both POV-Ray and Moray and start POV-Ray only. Check the
Message pane, it should say something like this:

GUI Extension 'Moray Communcations DLL' loaded from 'MorayCtrl.DLL'
  Report any problems to blabla....

..and the  GUI Extension menu item should now show Moray
Communications DLL. If the above message does not appear, please let
me know what does appear in the message pane.

> I firmly believe my model is at fault.
I doubt it. Moray should not allow you to construct a model that
causes a problem, so I really would like to see what's up. I will
check the files in moray.binaries.

Regards,

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom