POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Island In The Evening : Re: Island In The Evening Server Time
8 Aug 2024 10:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Island In The Evening
From: Kyle
Date: 26 Jul 2005 23:14:38
Message: <cfude194ilrno2uh96hf7fumkdpv8eqvab@4ax.com>
On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:27:42 -0600, "Anthony D. Baye"
<Sha### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>	I don't really have anything to add, except that you may want to
>roughen the sand texture some.  The water looks very good, but slightly
>gelatinous. Finally, the moon seems just a tad too shiny, but this is
>only my opinion.

Thanks for your observations.  I haven't revisited the sand texture
lately, but I recall having many issues with it before.  I can't seem
to get it just like I want it.  You're right about the water.  I
hadn't noticed it before, but it does have a gelatinous feel to it.  I
plan to lighten the moon and add a slight touch of yellow.

>Otherwise, excellent image.

Thanks!

Kyle