POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Reallocing Finite with extension (with crash) : Re: Reallocing Finite with extension (with crash) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reallocing Finite with extension (with crash)
Date: 28 Jan 2002 07:21:10
Message: <cffa5u85bs2tktme3pp8a3fpuochu3cjp6@4ax.com>

<jer### [at] atosorigincom> wrote:

> The "Too many nested objects" message appears when computing the intersection
> and one is found to be inside a lot of objects.

So this part is documentation report becouse User can be confused with such
error with no specification, explanation or workaround.

> Alas, "a lot" is a compilation define (or dependant of it) and cannot be
> updated via SDL. Well, IIRC a message from this group.

I have investigated it little more and this limit is probably equal 100.

#local C=100;
#while(C)
  plane{z 0 translate z pigment{rgb 1}}
  #local C=C-1;
#end

> May be using a sphere further away from the origin, with a kind of uniform
> repartition...

In this case it was only example. In real scene I use also translation before
rotation and I also use complicated shape different for each C so there was no
way to workaround. The main problem in this post was why crash connected with
rotation disappeare when I reordered calculation.

ABX