POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Boreal WIP (272 KB) : Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:15:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Boreal WIP (272 KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 26 Jul 2004 15:00:02
Message: <ce3ka9$v1f$1@chho.imagico.de>
Norbert Kern wrote:
> I want to finish this WIP, but how?
> Starting from an atmosphere test (thanks to Abe for the starting point), the
> scene quickly developed to an half-finished state.
> Recently Gilles Tran motivated me to start working on it again after showing
> an earlier version to him along the way.
> The rock and the dead mossy tree are still likely to be changed.

Nice.  What i wonder about is how the trees look at a higher resolution.
  Coniferous trees are notoriously difficult becuase they are so detailed.

> Two questions:
> - The image seems to lack something - but what? I already added and deleted
> several animals, they didn't seem to fit.

I think it lacks some structure.  The background is quite strongly
blurred and the foreground is very uniform.  Something like a detailed
rock or piece of wood quite close to the camera would be good.

> - Is the picture bright enough? I have three different LCD monitors, all
> with different Gamma. I want to collect other opinions.

Seems good to me.

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______