POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Office finished (191KB) : Re: Office finished (191KB) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:16:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Office finished (191KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Jul 2004 13:40:01
Message: <ce0r1v$7l8$1@chho.imagico.de>
Severi Salminen wrote:
> Christoph Hormann wrote:
>
>> These seem all heavily post processed (in most cases even composites
>> from several photographs).  None on them looks like a realistic photo
>> to me.
>
> That is because of what you expect.

No, that's because they are physically impossible.  No photographic
technique can generate a photo where a brightness difference of the
scene in reality is inverted on the photo (i.e. a part brighter than a
second one in reality is darker than the second one on the photo).

>> Remember: i am not saying you can't tweak a photo to look similar to
>> Jaime's render.  I am just saying that the lighting in the scene is
>> not completely realistic and a photo of such a scenery that is not
>> heavily altered would look quite a bit different.
>

> How about the third photo on this page:
>
> http://www.smsu.edu/design/projects/Library2.htm
>
> It at least resembles Jaime's photo distantly.

Not at all, the lighting situation is completely different - one whole
wall of the room is windows - even without the covering of the windows
Jaime's room would only have less than 1/3 of one wall as windows.

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______