POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Progressive refinement patch : Re: Progressive refinement patch Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:59:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progressive refinement patch
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Jul 2004 11:10:01
Message: <ce0i7c$64r$1@chho.imagico.de>
Wolfgang Wieser wrote:

>>MegaPOV 1.1 is no more open for new features at the moment.  Apart from
>>that we are of course interested in that patch but as i have said before
>>as a patch that only works on one of the three supported platforms it is
>>not likely to be included.
>>

> In short: What would you suggest that I should do?
> (In the next 2 weeks.)

If you want to do your best to ensure the patch is integrated into
MegaPOV 1.2 you should:

- make it compatible to POV-Ray 3.6
- write the platform specific parts for the other platforms (or get some
other people to do this)
- document it well
- do test renders to check for possible problems

Not sure if this is all doable in 2 weeks of course.

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______