POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not a LOTW : Re: Not a LOTW Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not a LOTW
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 14 Jul 2004 09:15:01
Message: <cd3bdj$66i$1@chho.imagico.de>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

>>>isosurface {
>>>  function {y - P(x, 1, 1-z)}
>>
>>What did you expect?  The result of P does not depend on the vertical
>>coordinate.
>>

> Hmm... Consider me as a moron where maths is concerned (very far in the
> past, and not a dayly meal). So, please take me by the hand and explain what
> I should do. After all I used here the function once provided by Mike
> Williams, and I do not pretend to understand exactly what it does...

Well, of course you can do this but when you rotate the function around
the x or z axis and then evaluate the function in the x-z-plane you will
just rotate the evaluation plane.  But P is still constant in vertical
direction.  To get a visible effect from a rotation you will need to
evaluate the function in 3D: function {y - P(x,y,z)} (but you probably
will need to adapt the function itself to make it look right).

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______