POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LOTW 040704 (159K) : Re: LOTW 040704 (159K) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOTW 040704 (159K)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 5 Jul 2004 08:00:02
Message: <ccbfkp$be7$1@chho.imagico.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>> And for good results you would of course need a high dynamic range map.
>

>   Not necessarily, I think, only if you want very accurate radiosity.

For reflections (water) this can be important as well although you can
trick quite a lot with reflection exponent.

> For me the biggest problem is the rendering time required to create an
> extensive collection of cloudscapes.

I think for high resolution renders (which your recent scenes seem very
suited for) this is probably not a solution anyway.

>> The thing i am having trouble with is to get the random parameter
>> selection to *always* produce a scene that looks reasonable.
>

>   I think you are way too exigent... but I do not doubt you will figure
> out a solution. :)

I am quite near to start my new LOTW-2 but i simply still get quite a
lot of 'boring' scenes.  Since i plan to do 20 tests for every
generation of which only 4 get selected this is not such a big problem
though.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______