POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What is the PovWin editor's line length limit? : Re: What is the PovWin editor's line length limit? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is the PovWin editor's line length limit?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Jul 2004 05:45:02
Message: <cc8jf3$om3$1@chho.imagico.de>
Brian Elliott wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a first-time fiddle with Wings-3D this afternoon to see what it's all
> about, and I exported the first object played with to a PoV-Ray mesh2 -
> using a bolt-on POV export plug-in.
>
> When the .pov file was loaded into PovRay exactly as written by the
> exporter, every mesh2 clause - ie. vertex_vectors, normal_vectors,
> face_indices, etc - was a long SINGLE line extending to somewhat over 3,000
> characters each.

You should notice a few things.

- POV-Ray does not care about the line endings, if the WinPOV editor has
trouble with them this is a completely different issue.
- you can of course easily add line endings anywhere a whitespace occurs
in the file without affecting POV-Ray's ability to interpret the script.
  A 'sed "s? ?\n?g"' would for example replace every space with a newline.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______