POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LOTW-2 (4x~90k) : Re: LOTW-2 (4x~90k) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 21:02:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOTW-2 (4x~90k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Jun 2004 05:20:02
Message: <cbrbvs$2qm$1@chho.imagico.de>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   I tried also low camera arrangements, but it requires a detail wich
> exceeds the limits of my patience. So now I admire even more your
> landscapes.

Actually the foreground is not the slowest usually, in the scenes with
two terrain parts (first, third and fourth) it is usually the transit
between foreground and background.

>> So my idea is to render a set of images (maybe 10-20, something like a
>> reasonable population size for an evolution strategy) in small size
>> every week and have a public voting on them and use this vote for the
>> ranking.  Then maybe render the highest rated image in larger,
>> generate the next step population and start again.
>

>   Wow, this is a serious project. I don't know if it will give better
> results than tedious random trial&error, but sounds very interesting to
> try if you have the time.

I'd say never underestimate the efficiency of manual tweaks, even if you
have the impression it is mostly trial and error the intuitive ability
to find the 'right screws' to adjust it usually quite good.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______