POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg) : Re: Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytraced luminous color bleeding (80kb jpeg)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 25 Jun 2004 14:40:01
Message: <cbhrg2$8bb$1@chho.imagico.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> I think that the spirit of the original rule is to prevent photoshopping,
> because otherwise it would be impossible to prevent obviously unacceptable
> (*) modifications of a rendered image, like painting new elements by hand.
>
> Perhaps the rule could just be altered by stating that the image generation
> (rendering + ant not-rendered effect) should be done with the same program.
> This would prevent the use of paint programs while officially authorising
> post-processing when done with built-in features of the renderer, including
> SDL-based post-processing.

This would surely be much clearer than the current rule.  The difference
between post processing the image in photoshop and doing the same post
processing in an awfully slow and memory intensive SDL based system is
quite academic though.  But unless you want to completely remove the
post processing rule this probably is the clearest line that can be drawn.

Christoph

Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______