POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Abstract landscape rendering 4 : Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 12:41:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Abstract landscape rendering 4
From: yesbird
Date: 19 Feb 2023 19:00:51
Message: <caa7bb1e-f1f6-d5e9-b8b1-5bb2e6290f94@gmail.com>
Hi, Mike !

Glad to meet you. I am very new to POV and now working on two projects:
one is Matlab toolbox for POV rendering:
https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/123520-pov-lab-matlab-interface-to-pov-ray

and another is a set of futuristic landscapes, inspired by works of
Roger Dean (https://www.rogerdean.com/).

I am only starting selection of methods and techniques and see that your
forms are very close to what I would like to include in my scenes.

The only serious difference is a shading, I am prefer something more
cartoon/poster like, but this is another story.

I am reading this tutorial now: https://povlab.online/isotutorial/, and
suppose that in combination with your methods I will get what I expecting.

In general I understand your idea about combining point clouds into
blobs, but I am not experienced yet working with this objects, so if you
will share your code with me, it will be very helpful, and become a good
starting point.

Thanks in advance,
--
YB