POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blobby alienfighter : Re: Blobby alienfighter Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:56:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobby alienfighter
From: Glen Berry
Date: 22 Mar 2000 13:05:39
Message: <cAnZOMmqWb4Wng=Gvj6fTwQ+GoUo@4ax.com>
On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 07:01:46 -0500, Chris Huff
<chr### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>Anyway, as mentioned by Glen Berry, this sort of thing is usually caused
>by the lens, not the atmosphere.

Actually, this sort of effect can also be easily caused by an
atmosphere as well as a lens, a window pane, scuffed or dirty
sunglasses, camera film, a CCD sensor, or the human retina, to name a
few possibilities. It's just that in a space scene, we tend to assume
there is no "atmosphere" present.

If I understand it correctly, there are indeed pockets of gas and/or
dust in some areas of space. Perhaps these might be dense enough to
add an atmospheric effect to a ship's lights, but I'm really not sure.

Later,
Glen Berry