POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees : Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray & KD-Trees
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Apr 2004 16:40:02
Message: <c6rp6k$apa$1@chho.imagico.de>
Daniel Neilson wrote:

>  That's true. For comparing the two I actually had two code bases. One used
> the old mesh and one used the new -- exchanging the two is just a matter of
> copying in the new mesh.* files and editing two lines in parse.cpp. I'd
> figured it was a pretty safe assumption that no mesh would produce a
> degenerate kd-tree. Easily changed, though. I'll see if I can't find some
> time in the next couple days to alter that.

That's mostly a question of it being includable in a patch collection
like MegaPOV where we have the convention that all patches have to be
deactivated by default.

>>- it seems faster in a lot of scenes but i had problems with others
>>(isocacti.pov for example does not render).
>
>  That's very odd. My version actually renders isocacti.pov just fine. Does
> it print out any sort of errors, or does it crash, or does it render a
> blank image, or... ? Perhaps something's wonky about your patched version?

It just halts before starting to render, i assume stuck in some loop or so.

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______