POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : media and output_alpha ? : Re: media and output_alpha ? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: media and output_alpha ?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 3 Jul 2001 17:46:45
Message: <c6f4ktc1e2jm1ai53vrjeebetcvnqdcmi9@4ax.com>
On Tue, 3 Jul 2001 23:28:43 +0200, "Elias Pschernig"
<eli### [at] aonat> wrote:

>Ok, thanks. (I already suspected something like that after seeing it
>behaves the same for standard objects.) If I need output with an alpha
>channel, are there any options I have with povray ? I don't like
>switching to something else at all of course..

Aside from rendering you media container in black and white and using
that as the alpha channel... I am afraid not much can be done within
POV at this stage. Various techniques can be used to make POV render
all your alpha for you, but I need to know more about your particular
case.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg