POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cavorite Sphere (off the shelf) [~105K JPG] : Re: Cavorite Sphere (off the shelf) [~105K JPG] Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:10:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cavorite Sphere (off the shelf) [~105K JPG]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Apr 2004 03:35:02
Message: <c6d57k$2n2$1@chho.imagico.de>
Dan P wrote:

>> Earth is neither 21% brighter nor 21% more bright than moon assuming
>> the given albedo values.  If you want to give percentual values you
>> have to do it correctly, otherwise simply say the albedo of earth is
>> 0.21 higher than that of earth (which of course isn't a very useful
>> information).
>

> The values are between 0 and 1. If they were between 0 and two, the
> percentage would be half of what I said and so forth.

That's nonsense - in fact the albedo isn't even limited to [0..1] by
definition.  Anyway i am not really interested in convincing you from
using correct formulations if you don't want to, my arguments were clear
and easy to understand IMO, the rest is up to you.

Christoph

Last updated 21 Mar. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______