POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : realistic image_maps : Re: realistic image_maps Server Time
13 Aug 2024 13:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: realistic image_maps
From: Mike Williams
Date: 14 Mar 2003 13:24:32
Message: <c$9$zCAFwhc+EwxV@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Timothy R. Cook who wrote:
>Tek wrote:
>> They're in dds format (that's a DirectX format), for use in games, but I
>> converted them to targas and used them in POV! :)
>
>Could you supply a copy of this utility to convert their format?
>I've never heard of .dds, and PSP hasn't either.

A quick Google finds a set of nice small free graphics programs that
operate on DDS and a number of other uncommon image formats at

http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/graphix.htm

I've not tried them on the actual Transmogrifying Textures Vol 1 yet
(I's still thinking about that 110Mb download) but there seemed to be a
slight vertical stretch when I tried them on some other DDS files.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure