POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lionel O27 motor housing from KCS GP-38 diesel (8k+9k) : Re: Lionel O27 motor housing from KCS GP-38 diesel (8k+9k) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lionel O27 motor housing from KCS GP-38 diesel (8k+9k)
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 13 Apr 2000 19:52:28
Message: <btmcfs4k8tkcgq5a0c8do651v1bn3se1eg@4ax.com>
On Sat, 08 Apr 2000 23:16:08 -0500, David Fontaine <dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

>I haven't posted any pics in a long time, so here's what I'm working on
>just to give you a peek; my brother's Lionel O27-gauge Kansas City
>Southern GP-38 diesel engine :-)
>This is just the motor housing, I haven't modelled the car hitches or
>the suspension yet. I've started some work on the undercarriage and body
>though.
>I may do some cars if/when I finish this.

I'm a sucker for trains David, real or models.  Your motor housing looks pretty
good to me.  Have you used either mine, or Marc Schimmler's macros for the
gears?  You can find mine on http://www.hamiltonite.com

I like the way you are putting all that detail work in on the motor housing when
most of it will be hidden by the body.  No, I'm not being sarcastic! I also tend
to put in a lot of detail that will never be seen.  It's asthetically pleasing
in a realistic model to have the details right.  Look forward to seeing more.
David
dav### [at] cableinetcouk
http://members.vavo.com/squiffy/
http://www.hamiltonite.mcmail.com