POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Early days : Re: Early days Server Time
2 Oct 2024 10:21:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Early days
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 May 2000 20:18:00
Message: <btc9hsk7rlii7251bsilvdqua271krvmmu@4ax.com>
On Fri, 5 May 2000 16:25:49 +0100, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mha### [at] redhotantcom> wrote:

>There's a fair chance I won't get as far as an entry this time - I'm over
>burdened at work and I'm going to be away on a course with the kids from
>school for a couple of weeks .. and more importantly I've reached a point
>where I have no ideas for a picture whatsoever!!! In theory this theme
>should suit me but having seen Gilles most recent work I need to up my own
>standards so I want to do a lot of code hacking, e.g.tree macro, and
>experimenting e.g media clouds. I won't publish anything now until I'm 100%
>happy with it.

Funny, the day before I chatted with a POVer on ICQ (I'll preserve the
person's privacy, I hope he doesn't mind quoting this little bit)
about the current round. Here're a few lines from it:

ME: Y'know, I *might* consider participating in this round of the
IRTC... Though I don't fancy the thought of making a fool of myself
(being a TAG member and all that), what with Gilles and Howard and
Nathan...

POVER With [the topic] being widerness, i think my main worry would be
Mick Hazelgrove

ME: Maybe, but Gilles is absolutely unpredictable. Howard can easily
tweak the topic to something like "city jungle" or something :), while
Nathan will probably find an ancient Incan temple in the jungle :))

As you see, people have faith in you. Don't betray us, make up to our
expectations.

P.S. Howard, Nathan, please forgive the last part :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet