POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Taj Mahal WIP : Re: Taj Mahal WIP Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Taj Mahal WIP
From: Peter Popov
Date: 24 Jun 2003 03:56:03
Message: <bs0gfvchtudfuolt2pm20tb765omm3lt1u@4ax.com>
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:32:57 -0400, "Kevork Abadjian" <x### [at] xcom> wrote:

>Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Funny, just yesterday I saw a BBC movie about it and I wondered how
much work it would be to build it in POV. You have a nice start there
:) The domes, need some work, the shape is not quite right. Consider
using a lathe or sor instead, with splines you can model the curvature
with great accuracy. Texturing will give you hell, that' clear, but
whoever said good things are easy? :)

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg