POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : re: VC++ 6.0 & GUIext : Re: VC++ 6.0 & GUIext Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: VC++ 6.0 & GUIext
From: Scott Moore
Date: 31 May 2002 05:47:37
Message: <bpgefusppt0lrh5n89f262nngrjpl0h5nj@4ax.com>
On Thu, 30 May 2002 17:04:08 -0700, "John Pallett"
<joh### [at] chiefarchitectcom> wrote:

<snip>

>... using WINAPI like the original GuiDemo.c unfortunately can cause the
>name to be decorated in the linker, meaning that when POV-Ray looks for
>PovGuiExtensionGetPointers it cannot find it, because the name gets munged
>to _PovGuiExtensionGetPointers@8 or something similar.  There are other ways
>of accomplishing the same result but this worked for me.
>
>JP

Yes, decorated ( including C++ mangled ) names can be a pain when
trying to get function addresses using GetProcAddress. However, if you
include a .def file in your project and ensure you have
PovGuiExtensionGetPointers listed in the EXPORTS section you will not
need to worry about decorated names.

Scott