POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : KPOVModeler : Re: KPOVModeler Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: KPOVModeler
From: Peter Popov
Date: 20 Jan 2002 19:41:16
Message: <bjom4uscnvnu32k6g6nvnnd7rq5qdkn8m1@4ax.com>
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:09:59 -0600, David F <smu### [at] ameritechnet>
wrote:

>Slackware 8.0, KDE 2.1.2, QT 2.3.1

This is off-topic but I'd really like to know... do you find this
setup sluggish? I have almost the same setup at home (Slack 8 etc.)
and I find KDE incredibly sluggish. It'd sometimes take 30 seconds or
more to fire up a QT app, and not because of lack of ram as it doesn't
go into scratching at all. It just reads from the disk, then waits a
helluva lot, then scratches for a second or two and opens up the
window. What's with that?

It's a K6/200 with 96 megs of RAM and it wasn't slow for Windows nor
Gnome... so I'm curious.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg