POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Martian War Machine : Martian War Machine Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Martian War Machine
From: Rick Adams
Date: 7 Apr 2000 10:48:38
Message: <benboomREMOVE_THIS_PART-EDF136.07453407042000@news.povray.org>
I haven't posted before, so let's see if this even works.

The MWM Peter is working on is great fun. I tried posting a message
giving a link to my own version of this thing but it never showed up, so
here it is again:

http://www.xprt.net/~benboom/traces/traces.htm

Mine is not nearly so detailed as Peter's, but it has its own nice
qualities. I have just started working with animation in POV-Ray, and I
now have some interesting versions of this to pay with, but I wouldn't
mind adding a heat ray, too. I have some ideas about how to do that and
I'll be back when I have something to report.

The originals (in the book) also had black cannisters of deadly gas they
tossed about, but I guess they aren't as spectacular visually as what
we've all come to love...