POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ulla! - Ulla.jpg (1/1) : Re: Ulla! - Ulla.jpg (1/1) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 14:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ulla! - Ulla.jpg (1/1)
From: Rick Adams
Date: 21 Apr 2000 16:53:03
Message: <benboomREMOVE_THIS_PART-32647A.13494821042000@news.povray.org>
In article <3900B2EB.B89534D6@faricy.net>, David Fontaine
<dav### [at] faricynet> wrote:

> Are those moire patterns, or did you want that look? If so, eww, good
> work.

You mean the patterns on the tubes, right? A 320x240 render accentuates
that pattern and then compressing it into a jpg makes it even stronger.
A 640x480 with no compression has no "moire" to speak of, although it
does have nice ridges.

So, to answer your question, I guess they are, and I don't particularly
want them, but they aren't there in the animation. However, I like the
implication that I might be able to produce the effect on command! :-)