POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Blobs and loops : Re: Blobs and loops Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blobs and loops
From: David Wilkinson
Date: 1 Jan 2001 09:12:46
Message: <be215t8tkrf8h4jfoto944ii0ge8pjtjaa@4ax.com>
On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 12:28:47 -0000, "Mick Hazelgrove"
<mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote:

>How can I get all the blobs to bond together? I've tried putting the loop in
>the blob statement but it seems to make no difference. I'm stumped, please
>help

Hi Mick,
Happy New year!

As Chris says, you are creating a lot of seperate blobs.  What you have to do is
have a single blob and have the loop within the blob.  I did this when I was
trying to create smoke for one of my locos.

This seems to work OK;
$ XPos = 0;
$ ZPos =0;

blob {
            threshold .65
              #while(ZPos<100)
              #while(XPos<100)
                sphere{ <XPos,0,ZPos>, 1, 1
                        pigment{rgb<.25,1,.25>}
                        translate vturbulence (1.5, 3,3,<XPos,0,ZPos>/33)
                        translate x*-50
                }
                    #declare XPos = XPos + 1;
                    #end