POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : ball rolling along a Moebius strip - 140 Kb : Re: ball rolling along a Moebius strip - 140 Kb Server Time
19 Jul 2024 13:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ball rolling along a Moebius strip - 140 Kb
From: Marc van den Dikkenberg
Date: 3 Nov 2002 15:09:36
Message: <bYDFPTr0VPvMxf89A=EzOTL00lX1@4ax.com>
On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 10:55:12 +0100, Herman Serras
<Her### [at] pandorabe> wrote:

>With the help of some pba-people I managed to reduce the size of the
>animation of a ball rolling along a Moebius strip. Some time ago I
>posted this animation but as some people wrote the size was much to
>large for what the animation represents.

>The result is a rather small SmackPlay EXE file produced using the tools
>offered by RadVideo.

...Or so you say.

You don't really expect people to run random .EXE's from newsgroups, do
you? Animation files like MPG, AVI, etc. are -safe- to run since they do
not execute unknown code on your computer... At worst they 'don't work'.

For all we know this mystery .EXE wipes your HD upon execution... Or you
happened to be infected with some virus yourself, and unknowingy pass it on
through this posting... Either way, it is typically a VERY bad thing to run
exe's like this when found in newsgroups, for obvious reasons...

People may be *able* to see it with the integrated player, but I doubt
anyone will even bother to TRY with an .EXE....
--
Marc van den Dikkenberg