POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Crazy cloth HA HA HA MPG1 : Re: Crazy cloth HA HA HA MPG1 Server Time
20 Jul 2024 05:34:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy cloth HA HA HA MPG1
From: Peter Popov
Date: 20 Jan 2002 18:24:42
Message: <b7km4ucpbklpu7cgfadlbl7mfbj88e21b5@4ax.com>

<fcu### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

>Yes, I'm using forward Euler. Yesterday I gave a big thought on how to use
>other solving methods, but I haven't implemented them. I hope I can find
>some time to test these new ideas.

Try implicit Euler first, as its simplicity is next to that of the
explicit (forward) Euler method, though it's much more stable. I don't
know how this will affect cloths, I know it affects solids in a
realistic way, i.e. avoids unrealistic stress concentrations.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg