POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] mosaic preview and radiosity : Re: [doc] mosaic preview and radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [doc] mosaic preview and radiosity
Date: 3 Jul 2002 05:30:02
Message: <b2g5iu8lu0pnkmk4m0s37qnqfcsbqkvq5t@4ax.com>
On 2 Jul 2002 18:03:57 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >   Note, however, that if you use +SP and +EP command line options, they'll
> > override the pretrace settings.
> >   I don't know if this is intentional or something left by mistake.
> [..]
> Am I becoming crazy or what?

Would You like to describe what are you consider crazy in your original post ?
Doesn't +SP and +EP override the pretrace settings ? Wasn't this intentional
or something left by mistake ? :-)

The only thing I consider inconsistent is that something called 'preview'
influences something called 'pretrace' without any well written note or parse
warning. They are two separated technics but somehow they share settings and
it confused a few people - why to not warn users about it. There are more
obvious notes builded in package like "You can press F1 within editor to get
syntax help" tip.

ABX