POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for 4.0 core control : Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control
From: ABX
Date: 14 Oct 2002 13:11:46
Message: <b0ulqu0c57po299ph1a0mpus9rt0ke3av4@4ax.com>
On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:54:47 -0400, Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom>
wrote:
> > BTW: are there any decision about GUI itself ? Similiar to those from
> > 3.5 ?
>
> I'm not sure what your question is. The GUI itself is very platform
> dependant, and will probably remain that way. There are cross-platform
> frameworks, but those are pretty much equally bad on all platforms. ;-)
> There will probably be similarities because they are designed to do the
> same thing, and ideas will be shared, but I doubt there will be anything
> like a standardized interface...

I did not wrote "standarized" anywhere. I'm just wondering if codemax editor
would be continued in case of Win. But I understand my question is asked in
wrong time. There is no place for GUI decision right now. Anyway if you are
talking about "standardized interface" I'm thinking about making integrated
IDE for recently updated TVision (http://tvision.sf.net). Day after day it is
more portable and works with many compilers and could be nice optional layer
for many platforms. But I have not tested it yet. Just remember flexibility
from days of Borland ruling.

ABX